Little Lights has been around for a a while now, and you may have even come over for a party or two! There are some fun bits of information that you may not know, and we’d like to share them with you!
Here’s a few facts about Little Lights, the crew, and the rich history!
- We’re a small team but we sure are growing! We’ve got Erin, our owner and big decision-maker; Torey, who will reply to your inquiry and do other odds and ends; Amanda, our coordinator; Jason, Erin’s husband and Little Lights handy man; and our supportive family network who are always there when we need ’em! As Little Lights grows, so does the team. We are close-knit and we’d be nothing without each other!
- Little Lights Main has SO MUCH HISTORY! In 1870 J.W. Witter built the Hoover House, now known as Little Lights & the Down Under, for businesses. Upstairs housed the first city newspaper, The Index. The basement held a meat market, and on the lower level were Nate Crook’s barber shop and restaurant. In 1877 Crook expanded his businesses to include a 2-bedroom hotel, and a livery in the back to accommodate guests traveling with horses. In 1895 a fire made its way down Main Street, but the fire department stopped it three feet from the Hoover House. Whew!
3. Our name has a lot of inspiration behind it. Close your eyes and think for a second about one of the foremost moments in your life. It could be your high school graduation day, the day you met the love of your life, your wedding day when your heart pounded as you walked down the aisle surrounded by all the people that loved you, hearing your baby laugh for the first time, or a simple afternoon that you spent with your family and friends. That’s where the idea of Little Lights came from. We marvel at these little moments, that end up being the big moments, and know how very fleeting and rare they really are.
4. We host yoga every Monday & Wednesday night. Mary, our yoga instructor, has taught all over the world for decades. She once worked in a studio above a bagel shop in NYC and she’s one of our community’s best kept secrets.
5. We are non-toxic! Erin cares so much about our clients that she refuses to use anything but non-toxic cleaners and soaps in Little Lights, including the floor, when we clean several times per week. (She’s kind of a germoophobe, y’all!)
Well, there you have it, 5 things you probably didn’t know about Little Lights! Check back for more blog posts next week, and be sure to click FOLLOW on Facebook and Instagram so we can get to know each other even more!
Image: The Gazette, Brick Arch Winery